Our Capacity Rewards Program
Cash Rewards for Energy Efficiency Contractors and Building Owners—in Just 3 Simple Steps
Energy efficiency means using less energy to provide the same service, – it is the most environmentally benign means of creating energy supply.
We think you should get more “green” for going green! That’s why we’ve created an energy efficiency incentive program called the Capacity Rewards Program.
Our Capacity Rewards Program goes above and beyond utility rebates to provide rewards for energy efficiency from the world’s largest electric grid operator, PJM Interconnection.
In a nutshell, here’s how it works:
You make upgrades to lighting, mechanical systems, or HVAC, and permanently reduce PJM’s electricity load, which helps PJM reduce the electric generation capacity that PJM must provide during peak load events each year.
The only problem is that most energy efficiency contractors and building owners like you don’t have access to PJM’s rewards for permanent energy reduction.
That’s where we come in. As a member of PJM, WE are your connection to those rewards.
EMC aggregates your project’s permanent energy reduction with that of other companies and offers the qualified demand savings into the PJM Interconnection capacity market.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- First, we get your permission to qualify and bid your electrical energy efficiency project—whether lighting, HVAC, or mechanical upgrades— into the PJM capacity market.
- Second, we gather all the documentation to make that happen. We typically need existing contractor/rebate paperwork that helps define the upgrades that were completed.
- Finally, we send you a payment check -for up to four consecutive years—rewarding you for your lasting reduction to PJM’s power demands.
Participating is Quick and Easy
- ✓ Have you completed an energy efficiency project related to lighting, HVAC, or mechanical systems in the last three years?
- ✓ Has your project created a permanent reduction in energy usage?
- ✓ Is your project located in PJM Territory?
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
If you can answer “yes” to these three questions, you could be eligible for more cash rewards for your electrical energy efficiency projects.
Get the “Green” You Deserve for Going Green
Ready to get started?
Take the next step and tell us about your electrical energy efficiency project here to participate in the Capacity Rewards Program.